 |
| After some good long skin to skin time with me, Jefferson weighed in at 7 pounds 9 ounces. |
 |
| Baby snuggles. |
 |
| Omi, Brody, and Maverick meeting Jefferson for the first time. |
 |
| Maverick is in love. |
 |
| So calming. |
 |
| Biggest brother |
 |
| First time big brother :) |
 |
| They were both in love. |
 |
| Omi was in love too. I'm so thankful that she was able to fly in the night before. She stayed with the boys while I was in labor and helped when I came home while Barry was working overnights and sleeping days. |
 |
| Checking him out. |
 |
| First bath |
 |
| Daddy is in love again. |
 |
| They hospital had some hats knit by volunteers and they found one perfect for Jefferson. |
 |
| You forget how tiny they are at first. |
 |
| Ready to go home. |
Jefferson Docken Park was born on December 27, 2014 at 3:02 pm. He weighed 7 pounds 9 ounces and was 20 1/4 inches long. I arrived for an induction in the morning and was at 4 cm, contracting regularly. The nurse started pitocin at 9:30 am and given my history of Maverick arriving so quickly, they started it small and increased it by half as much as normal at twice as long of intervals. Soon after, contractions sped up to every 5 minutes, just not at all painful. So I waited around until about 1:30 pm before my contractions started hurting. At 2:30 pm I asked that they checked my progress and shortly after that they did. I was at 7 cm. I decided to get an epidural at that point so I went to empty my bladder first. Five minutes after checking me, I was pushing. Thanks to Barry and the nurse, who dragged me out of the bathroom, I did not deliver a baby in a hospital bathroom :) Ten minutes and 4 pushes later, he arrived. No time to get an epidural. I'm thankful for the great OB senior resident that delivered my baby. She did her very best to get be to breathe and not hyperventilate. Barry even said the cord was wrapped around baby's neck once and she just very quickly slipped it off.
We were fortunate to get discharged right at 24 hours!
Thanks for posting these, Beth. I can't imagine how you can take care of a household, 3 little boys, a husband, go to school, study, check facebook and still find time to post on your blog. Your new little guy is so sweet.
ReplyDelete