 |
| Brody 4 3/4 |
 |
| Mav 2 1/2 |
 |
| Big brothers checking out the new arrival. |
 |
| Omi occupies the big boys with a Ninja Turtle project. |
 |
| Such a proud big brother. |
 |
| Omi and her new little grandson. |
 |
| Feeding Jefferson for the first time. |
 |
| The Superman brothers! |
 |
| They love Superman. |
 |
| The newest Superhero. |
 |
| Omi catching a little nap before heading back to Minnesota. |
 |
| The three Park boys with their Omi before heading back to Minnesota. |
 |
| Crazy boys! |
 |
| One last snuggle. |
 |
| One more smooch for good measure :) |
Jefferson and I came home from the hospital exactly 24 hours after delivery. Praise God! I do not like being a patient in the hospital unless there's a good reason for it. The boys love him. Maverick is so cute and gentle with him. I'm so thankful that my mom was in town to take care of Maverick and Brody while I delivered Jefferson and to be with us at home during the first three days while Barry worked overnights and slept days. I think she was just a tiny bit happy to have been here to meet Jefferson right away, too.
The year 2014 was a wild one! In the spring we found out Barry matched in Emergency Medicine at Carilion in Roanoke, VA. I then quickly looked up where Roanoke, VA was! Shortly after Match Day, I found out I was accepted into the Masters in Nursing program at Metro State in St. Paul. I was excited to be accepted into a program, but bummed to no longer be able to attend. In April Barry and I took an amazing trip to Roatan where we rented a little house on the beach and spent a lot of time scuba diving together for the first time. This was our first major vacation just the two of us and it was amazing. Late spring we had a garage sale to downsize much of our stuff for preparation to move into a townhome. We also found out we were expecting a baby due December 30. In June I worked my last day with the State after 8 1/2 years. The next morning we headed out on our adventure to Roanoke, VA. With the help of Steve and Cindy, our road trip and move into our townhouse went well. We explored the area a bit and unpacked before Barry started his orientation and work as a resident. As a new stay at home mom, I spent many days at the pool with the boys all summer. In August I flew to Minnesota with Brody and Mav and spent three wonderful weeks visiting family and friends and enjoying Minnesota summer. We also found out we were having a baby boy and that I was accepted into an accelerated 16 month nursing program in Roanoke. In September we decided to move to a new place; a well-lit open single family home with a big fenced yard. It was a great decision! The fall brought visitors, including Steve and Cindy, Audrey (Halloween), and Omi, Papa, and Claire (Thanksgiving). December was a busy month with Barry working. He had Christmas Day off and we celebrated with the boys. Two days later our family of 4 became 5 with the arrival of Jefferson.
No comments:
Post a Comment